Thursday, November 2, 2017

Stampin' UP! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop- Smitten Mittens

Hey there stampers!  Welcome back to another Stampin' UP! Artisan Design Team Blog hop!  If you are hopping with us today then you may have arrived here from the fabulous Cathy Caines.  Isn't she amazing? As we are a group of 20 demonstrators from around the world- our blogs are written in many different languages.  Please be sure to use Google Translate so that you can follow along in your language.  You don't wanna miss out on any of the fabulous details!

Today I am featuring the Smitten Mittens Stamp Set, Many Mittens Framelits Dies and three sets of the brand new Stampin' Blends:  Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party.   For the coloring on this card- I used both light and dark variations of the Stampin' Blends as well as the Color Lifter.


Upon first glance- you may think that I used Pink Pirouette Card Stock for the mittens but I didn't!  The new Stampin' Blends are alcohol based markers so their colors combine perfectly and don't really show streaks.  


I first began by cutting out 2 mittens using the Big Shot, Many Mittens Framelits Dies and some Whisper White Card Stock.  After the mittens were cut out- I began to color using the Light Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blend.  I then carefully added shading around the outside edges of the mittens using the Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blend.  Next I blended the colors together using the Light Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blend.  I repeated this process until I had the coloring just as I wanted it.  



The mittens just wouldn't be complete without a pretty decoration!  Again using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and the Big Shot- I cut out 2 snowflakes from Whisper White Card Stock.  I began to color them in using the Light Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blend and then added shading using the Dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blend.  On the center of each snowflake "arm" I used the Color Lifter to remove some of the color.  


Stampin’ Up!’s premier alcohol markers, Stampin’ Blends are high-quality, dual-tip markers that come in 12 of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive colors, each with a light and dark shade. Maybe you don’t think of yourself as an artist, but you don’t need to be because these markers make it super easy to blend colors and create gorgeous works of art!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you will join us on our journey around the world today!  The fabulous Holly Stene will be your next stop on the hop.  Check it out!  She has a gorgeous project in store!



2 comments:

  1. You are making me wish we had a winter Christmas in the South Pacific! Gorgeous Dani ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how you tied the mittens together! Brings me back to childhood :-)

    ReplyDelete